Inspired by the warm weather and tendency to forget about skincare during this season, we have decided to dedicate this article to post sun skin care and pre sun skin care.
Whether it is running to your car or picking up the kids, it is still essential to take care of your skin and lips. Vitamin D is essential for your health, but ultraviolet light can be detrimental.
- Have a diet with good enough fats. Avoid processed foods, sugary foods, grains, vegetable oils (enhances sun exposure).
- Eat antioxidants such as berries and dark chocolate.
- Up your Vitamin D intake, this shields your body from craving the Vitamin D it does not have.
- Use homemade sunscreens in addition to regular sunscreen.
- Avoid toxic sunscreens.
Post Sun Relief.
When you get burnt, it does not have to be that painful!
- Hydration is great for you when sunburnt. Drink more water and herbal teas.
- Aloe, the actual plant works best for sunburns.
- ACV & Herb Sprays work well. Apple Cider Vinegar (diluted) is said to be a great cure for a sunburn.
- Essential oils such as lavender and helichrysum can sooth and speed burn recovery.
- Coconut oil sooth sunburns.
- Don't forget to grab your Lavender Vanilla and Coconut Almond Moroccan Magic Lip Balm for sooth lips.
How The Sun Is Good For You In Moderation.
Being in the sun should not scare you away. In fact, the sun has some essential benefits.
- The sun creates the release of serotonin and endorphins, therefore putting you in a calm or happy mood.
- The serotonin creates a more effective amount of melatonin, the hormone that makes you sleep
- When the sun touches your skin, nitric oxide is released into the blood vessels, which brings you blood pressure levels down. This can make you more relaxed as well.
- Studies show that the sun can reduce your risk for other types of cancers such as: colorectal, prostate and breast cancer.
- Vitamin D keeps your bones healthy.
- Some studies lead in the direction that vitamin d can potentially be associated with weight loss.
Best Sunscreens For You.
Sunscreens with chemicals should be avoided, they are partially harmful for the young ones.